Massive Fire Breaks Out in Commercial-Residential Building in Sopore Village
On the afternoon of March 7th, a massive fire erupted in a commercial cum residential building in Dangerpora village of Sopore, located in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district. The building, owned by Abdul Majeed Banday, caught fire due to reasons suspected to be a short circuit.
The fire was quickly reported, and fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The area being congested, locals and fire service department members put in great efforts to control the fire and prevent it from spreading to nearby buildings. Finally, the fire was brought under control.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated, but preliminary investigations suggest that it was due to an electrical short circuit. Fortunately, no casualties were reported in the incident.